Why should I choose PJ’s?
- We’ve been a family owned and operated business for over 30 years
- The owner, Peter, is actively involved in the business – when you get a quote, it comes straight from the boss, and we stand by our reputation
- We’re not planning on going anywhere and will be around to service your needs for years to come
- We stand by our radio commercial; “Honest tradespeople, on time, and at the right price”
- All work is carried out by qualified tradespeople employed by PJ Group
- We’re qualified members of the QBCC, Master Builders, and HIA
Why should I restore my roof?
Over the years, the protective coating on your tiles will deteriorate the same as when you see paint start to flake on your weatherboard house. During the restoration process we carry out any necessary repairs to ensure the integrity of your roof and paint afterwards, as we seal the surface of the tiles to regenerate a new level of coating so that your tiles will perform like new.
What steps are taken to perform a restoration?
We follow a 7-step process to restore your roof:
- Roof Inspection
- Before starting, our tradespeople perform an inspection of the roof to detail the materials and repairs required
- Colour Selection
- Our consultant works with you to help you pick your new colour scheme
- Care of your Property
- We routinely take every precaution to protect your downpipes, gutters, solar panels and walls from any mess created by the cleaning and repair process. This includes the use of filters, gutter tarps and shields
- Replace Broken Tiles
- As a result of our initial roof inspection all cracked or broken tiles are replaced
- High Pressure Water Blasting
- This is required to remove moss, lichen and grime to achieve best results. No chemicals are used, only water
- Rebedding and Repoint
- The last step before painting requires all ridge caps, gables and hips to be repointed. This completes the process of restoration of your roof prior to coating.
- Resurfacing and Colour
- As part of the final step your roof is sterilised, sealed and membrane coated to your selected colour, providing a permanent finish that will withstand all weather conditions
What is the wait time for my job to be undertaken?
Lead time may vary from 3 to 8 weeks depending on demand and weather, please contact our office for an update on our current lead times.
Does your company employ qualified tradespeople?
All of our staff hold current Blue Card licences, and all are qualified in their respective trade, so you can be assured of a quality job by our team as we don’t hire subcontractors.
Do you offer a warranty for your services?
All of our works are covered by a 7-year workmanship warranty.
Are your products of a high standard?
We only use products of the highest quality to ensure that we protect your home
Do you employ your own staff?
Yes, our tradespeople are all employed by PJ Group.
Do I need to inform my neighbours when you are restoring my roof?
Our staff are well trained and very friendly, so if there are any concerns, they will be happy to speak to your neighbours and explain that there will be no chance of any potential issues with their property
Will you be in contact throughout the process?
We keep our clients involved at every stage of the process from emailing out your quote, to speaking with you at the completion of your job. Our administration team are at your disposal should you have any queries or concerns. Our tradespeople will contact you prior to commencement of your works and will keep you informed throughout the job – this is the benefit of dealing with a family-owned company – it’s about quality, not money.
Is there someone in the office I can talk to about my quote or job?
Our administration team are here to help and know exactly what they are talking about. Should you have questions at any stage of the process, you can call or email our office to get honest and correct information.
What if something goes wrong?
We strongly encourage you to contact us, inform us of any concerns as soon as they arise, so that we can assess your concerns as soon as possible.
If I have a problem, can I contact you?
We guarantee all our work – we’re not perfect and do make mistakes from time to time however, we guarantee we will always come back no matter what.
Do I need to be home when you undertake the works?
No, we don’t want to interrupt your lifestyle and will only require access to the inside of your house in the instance of interior painting.
Can you match competitors’ prices?
We are always competitive, but think about what is really more important – a quality job expertly finished with a guarantee, or saving a few dollars? Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for.
What our customers have to say...
Please pass on my thanks for a great job to roof painter, Matt, and to house painter Chris. They were polite and good workers. Very happy with the end result. My house looks great. Thanks. – M Johnson, McDowall
To Peter & PJ's staff, We recently had internal painting done by your "Group" - Duane, Shane & Joseph - and we would like to say a genuine "thankyou'. They did a first-class job - it all looks absolutely beautiful and it was a pleasure to have "the boys" working in our house. We will certainly keep you in mind for any future projects. Of course, a special thankyou to you, too, Peter. – Carol, Taringa