Whirlybirds are a cost effective solution to assist the passive cooling of your roof space and thereby the comfort of your living areas. They have a number of benefits including; heat and moisture reduction, improved ventilation and airflow, even assisting pest control.
Edmonds wind powered roof ventilators (whirlybirds) reduce the roof space heat build up by expelling hot air, which enables it to be replaced with cooler air from outside. This makes your insulation work far more effectively – whirlybirds also have the following benefits:
- Inexpensive way to improve your home’s comfort
- Energy cost savings
- Expels damp air in winter, which can affect building structures and the effectiveness of insulation
- Decreases heat load on ceiling ducted air conditioning
Edmonds whirlybirds come in a range of designs, including:
- Windmaster – 300mm aluminium ventilator available in a choice of 26 colours, the largest choice of any ventilator in Australia.
- SupaVent – Made from hail resistant polymer, vertical blade design and stainless steel bearing.
- TurboBeam – Adds light to attics and sheds. Made from sturdy acrylic with lubricated bearings for long life and performance.
Steps taken to correctly install a Windmaster Roof Ventilator (Whirlybird)
A compact, high efficiency polycarbonate roof vent, designed to operate effectively even in light wind conditions. Available in 16 popular roof colours.
Edmonds SupaVent is a premium wind driven turbine ventilator designed to exhaust heat from the roof space of a home. The vent has an attractive and streamlined design to complement any house design.
The SupaVent has been designed to perform in light breezes, which means the heat in your roof space will be exhausted even on relatively still and hot summer days. Unlike traditional metal roof vents, SupaVents are constructed from a durable UV stabilised polymer which means they won’t rust or corrode. They come with a 15 year warranty.
The SupaVent is designed to work effectively even in light wind. It is suitable for use on tiled and metal roofs.
- Exhausts hot trapped air in summer
- Removes moisture build up in winter
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Won’t rust or corrode
- Strong dome for protection against hail and wind
- Available in 16 colours
- 15 year warranty
What our customers have to say...
I was more than happy with the way we had the quote explained with explanation from start through the job. The final jobs excel. You have very loyal and honest staff. – Peter Houghton & June Cash, Arana Hills
We couldn't think of any areas of the service that needed improving. Really impressed with the overall efficiency and professionalism. Peter: Initial quotes and detailed explanations; roofing / guttering crews all excellent; Chris and concreting crew - lots of positive comments on quality of driveway. Also Sue & Robyn for their patience and friendliness when dealing with our enquiries. – Leonie Lucas, Clontarf